Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Housing Issues Forum
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 from 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM (PDT)
HOME's Housing Issues Forum
Relocation Assistance: What your agency needs to know to navigate the relocation seas
Presented by: Lillian Jewell, Hamner Jewell & Associates
Come to hear an overview of what agencies, or anyone developing projects with public funding, should know about the diverse maze of relocation assistance requirements that are tied to federal, state and local public funding sources utilized in developing housing or public projects.
- Different requirements of temporary relocation verses permanent displacements
- Tenant relocation assistance requirements of federally funded projects under the Federal Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Policies Act
- State relocation assistance laws and regulations, Section 104(d) triggers and requirements (HOME and CBDG funding)
- Relocation noticing, planning, tenant advisory assistance, and financial assistance obligations.
- Pointers on how to plan project timelines & budgets
- How to implement interim property management procedures to help control costs and maximize funding opportunities
About the Presenter
Lillian D. Jewell
Managing Senior Associate / Corporate Real Estate Broker
Lillian Jewell has been a Real Estate Specialist for publicly-funded projects since 1986. She has been instrumental in the drafting of relocation guidelines, plans, and cost estimates and has provided relocation assistance to numerous residential and commercial occupants, including residential displacees from the pending Paseo Nuevo Project, now under construction in the City of Oxnard. She prepared the Relocation Plans and her firm administered relocation assistance in conjunction with the Area Housing Authority’s purchase of the Mira Vista Senior Housing Development in Camarillo and CEDC’s Villa Cesar Chavez development in Oxnard. Ms. Jewell has completed extensive specialized training through HUD, Caltrans, and the International Right of Way Association and is considered a specialist in implementing the property acquisition and relocation assistance aspects of State, Federal, and locally funded public or publicly-assisted projects.
- Wednesday, October 10, 2012
- 9:00 am - 10:30 am
- VCOE Conference Center, Board Room
5100 Adolfo Road Camarillo, CA
- This event is free
- A light breakfast & coffee will be served
When & Where
Housing Opportunities Made Easier
The mission of HOME is to promote a diversity of housing opportunities which are essential for a healthy and sustainable quality of life in Ventura County.
(805) 200 - 6321